How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
To apply you must have a valid passport, a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or a pre-paid Visa, MasterCard or American Express), a debit card (Visa Debit, JCB, Interac) and an email address. It costs $7 CAD to get an eTA and only takes a few minutes to apply. Approved eTAs are valid for up to five years.
Apply now for an eTA.
New entry requirement now in effect
Visa-exempt foreign nationals need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada. Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
How to videos
- Date Modified: