Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I withdraw my federal skilled worker application?

We have been returning fees paid to the Department for Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications affected by the backlog elimination announced in 2012.

If you applied to the FSW program before February 27, 2008, and have not heard from us about whether a decision has been made based on the assessment of your application, you may be affected by this law. Please see how you can get your fee returned - archived.

Yes. Contact your local visa office to withdraw your application.

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date Modified: