How old must my spouse or partner be for me to sponsor them to immigrate to Canada?
18 years old. Since June 10, 2015, we refuse sponsorship applications for spouses or partners under 18 years old.
All applicants must be at least 18 years old when we receive the application.
Learn more about sponsoring your spouse.
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: