I am from a visa-exempt country or have a U.S. Green Card and want to extend my work or study permit. Do I need to apply for an eTA?
No. As of May 1, 2017 eligible applicants are issued an eTA when we approve their study or work permits.
If you applied before May 1 2017, check the information on extending your work permit or study permit.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
How to videos
- Date Modified: