I was invited to apply through Express Entry but my work permit expired. What do I do?
If you did not apply for a new work permit before your original one expired (in other words, maintain implied status), it may cause your score to drop. This could cause you to not be eligible any more.
If your score has dropped below the minimum cut off for your round of invitations, you should decline the invitation. If this happens and you submit your application anyway, we will refuse it.
If we refuse your application, we will not refund your fees.
If you decline, you will be put back in the pool. You should update your Express Entry profile to show the change in your work status.
You may be able to restore your work permit status. If your status is restored and you still have an eligible Express Entry profile, you may be invited to again apply for permanent residence in the future.
Answers others found useful
- What do you mean by Primary Occupation?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- I have a job offer but the system says I need to register in Job Bank. Why?
- I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?
- I am working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit. Do I need a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?
How to videos
- Date Modified: