What happens if I made a mistake (like an email address or passport number) on my eTA application?
You will need to apply again. Make sure to enter the correct information.
Your correct email address is needed because we will email you to tell you if your application for an eTA is approved.
The passport number of the passport you will use to travel to Canada is needed because your eTA will be linked to that passport. If the passport number you entered is not correct, you may not be able to board your flight.
Be extra careful when entering your passport information.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
How to videos
- Date Modified: