What happens if I made a mistake (like an email address or passport number) on my eTA application?
You will need to apply again. Make sure to enter the correct information.
Your correct email address is needed because we will email you to tell you if your application for an eTA is approved.
The passport number of the passport you will use to travel to Canada is needed because your eTA will be linked to that passport. If the passport number you entered is not correct, you may not be able to board your flight.
Be extra careful when entering your passport information.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- Which visa applications are currently available online?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
How to videos
- Date Modified: