Can I use my email address when I apply for an eTA on behalf of someone?
Yes. If the applicant does not have an email address, you can use yours. However, by entering your email address, you will get all emails from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) about the person’s application. You will also continue to get relevant emails for the period the eTA is valid (up to 5 years).
If you enter the person’s email, IRCC will email the applicant directly.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- Which visa applications are currently available online?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
How to videos
- Date Modified: