Help Center - Answer

Help Centre

What are the language requirements for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?

You must prove your language skills by taking a third-party language test from an agency designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

When creating your Express Entry profile, you must fill in all the information related to the language test you have taken in English and/or French for your first and second official language.

You also need to make sure that you meet the minimum language threshold in order to be eligible for the program.

Your language test results must be valid (written in the last two years) at all times during the application process. If they expire, you should retake the test and provide us with valid results otherwise your application will be rejected as incomplete or may be refused.

Note: Completing an Express Entry profile is the first step to immigrate to Canada permanently as a skilled worker. Completing an Express Entry profile does not guarantee that you will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence. An Invitation to Apply for permanent residence will be based on your score and rank in the Express Entry pool using the Comprehensive Ranking System.

Answers others found useful

Date Modified: