How do I pay online if I don’t have a credit card or a bank account?
If you don’t have a credit card or a bank account, you can pay with a prepaid or secured credit card instead. We accept cards from:
- American Express®
- UnionPay® (online applications only)
You can often find prepaid credit cards at grocery and convenience stores.
If you use a prepaid credit card, keep it for at least 18 months after you pay to make refunds easier.
Get a higher limit directly from a bank
If you need a higher limit than what you can get at the store, many banks offer prepaid and secured credit cards with limits between $1000 and $5000 per day.
Each bank has slightly different rules for prepaid and secured cards. In many cases, you will not need to have an account with the bank.
Check with a local bank branch for more information.
Don’t pay with anything else
We don't accept Western Union, MoneyGram or other similar forms of payment. We would never ask you to pay using one of these methods. If someone contacts you and asks you to pay this way, report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
Form and guide
How to video
- Date modified: