Which paper applications can I link to my online account?
Starting April 9, 2016, you can get more detailed status and your mail online for some applications. You will need to have an account. You can link the following paper applications to your online account:
- Visitor visa
- Work permit
- Study permit
- Visitor record
- Canadian Experience Class
- Family Sponsorship (excluding applications to become a sponsor)
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trade
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker
- Quebec Investors
- Quebec Entrepreneurs
- Self-employed persons (including Quebec)
- Start-up visa
- Caregivers (Caring for people with high medical needs pathway, Caring for children pathway)
- In-Canada Live-In Caregiver
- In-Canada Protected Persons and Convention Refugees
More programs will be added at a later date.
Statuses for applications submitted on paper under the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Federal Skilled trades program can already be checked online through your online account.
If your application is not available through your online account, use the Check application status tool or check application processing times.
See also: How do I link my paper application to my online account to check my status?
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- Which visa applications are currently available online?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: