Which paper applications can I link to my online account?
Starting April 9, 2016, you can get more detailed status and your mail online for some applications. You will need to have an account. You can link the following paper applications to your online account:
- Visitor visa
- Work permit
- Study permit
- Visitor record
- Canadian Experience Class
- Family Sponsorship (excluding applications to become a sponsor)
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trade
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker
- Quebec Investors
- Quebec Entrepreneurs
- Self-employed persons (including Quebec)
- Start-up visa
- Caregivers (Caring for people with high medical needs pathway, Caring for children pathway)
- In-Canada Live-In Caregiver
- In-Canada Protected Persons and Convention Refugees
More programs will be added at a later date.
Statuses for applications submitted on paper under the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program and the Federal Skilled trades program can already be checked online through your online account.
If your application is not available through your online account, use the Check application status tool or check application processing times.
See also: How do I link my paper application to my online account to check my status?
Answers others found useful
- Why was I locked out when I tried to link my application?
- When trying to link my application to my online account, it says there are no matches. What’s going on?
- What happens after I link my application to my online account?
- Why are there differences between the status I see in the Check application status tool (CAS) and in my account?
- How do I link my paper application to my online account to check my status?
- I linked my application to an account, now I receive messages about my application in my account. Can I go back to receiving messages by mail?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: