I applied for an eTA on a different website. How do I verify if I have a real eTA?
To confirm that you have a valid eTA, use the eTA Check Status tool. You need to provide the following information:
- eTA application number, and
- details from the passport you used to apply
- passport number,
- passport country of issuance,
- issue date, and
- expiry date.
After submitting these details, you will see information about your eTA on the status screen. The Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA. Even authorized third parties that apply on behalf of someone have to use this website to apply for an eTA.
If it has been more than 72 hours since you applied and if you do not see any information or get an error message when you use the Check Status tool, complete this enquiry form. Note: It can take us several days to answer your enquiry.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- Which visa applications are currently available online?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
How to videos
- Date Modified: