I see other websites advertising that I can apply for an eTA with them. Is there more than one website to apply for an eTA?
No. The Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA. Even authorized third parties that apply on behalf of someone else have to use this website to apply for an eTA. To find out if you need an eTA, answer the questions at the start of this website’s application form.
Travellers who apply for an eTA are advised to be cautious in all dealings with companies that claim to offer help in getting an eTA. Although many of these companies have created websites that charge a fee to provide information and submit eTA applications through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), these companies are NOT operating on behalf of the Government of Canada.
Read more on how to protect yourself.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
How to videos
- Date Modified: