I have not been able to submit an eTA application because of technical issues (i.e. with payment or the application form). Can I still fly to Canada?
No. eTA is a mandatory entry requirement. If you have not been able to get an eTA, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada.
If you try to apply again but still have technical issues, complete this enquiry form.
- Under “Type of application” select “Electronic Travel Authorization”, then “General and Technical Enquiries.”
- Provide as many details as possible about the problem you encountered. Note: It can take us several days to answer your inquiry
If you decide to travel to Canada without an eTA you will experience delays or be prevented from boarding your flight to Canada.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
How to videos
- Date Modified: