Why is my online payment being refused?
You may be entering the wrong information or using a card that we don’t accept.
Make sure we accept your card
- Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or JCB® credit cards (including prepaid cards)
- Visa® Debit, and
- Debit cards (issued from a participating Canadian bank).
Debit card users must be enrolled in online banking to pay their fees online.
When entering your billing address, select the country first
If you live outside Canada and the United States, the State/Province field will show Not Applicable and ZIP/Postal Code will not be required.
Check your payment details
The information you enter must match what your financial institution has on file for your account. Check your account statement to make sure that you are entering your payment details the same way.
Sometimes, when your payment details do not match, your financial institution will hold the amount of the transaction for a few days. Delays vary depending on your financial institution. Contact your financial institution for more information on holds.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: