My visa has expired. How do I restore my status as a visitor?
In some cases, if you are still within the 90-day period following the expiry of your status, you can apply to restore it.
To do this, you will need to:
- Complete an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Visitor,
- On form IMM 5708, under section 3, select Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor.
- Give details of your situation and the reason you stayed in Canada longer than allowed.
- Pay the required fees.
- To submit your application, you can:
There is no guarantee that your application will be approved.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: