I am a permanent resident of Canada. Can I apply for an eTA?
No. By law, Canadian permanent residents, cannot apply for an eTA.
Canadian permanent residents are required to present a valid Canadian permanent resident card or a permanent resident travel document when travelling to Canada. Canadian permanent residents should also carry a valid passport with them when travelling internationally, including when returning to Canada.
If you need to replace or renew your permanent resident card, make sure to plan ahead and check the processing times.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- Which visa applications are currently available online?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
How to videos
- Date Modified: