I lost my GCKey username or password. Can I still get an Invitation to Apply for International Experience Canada?
Yes. If you get an Invitation to Apply, you will get an email at the address you provided in your account. The email will say that you have a new message in your account.
To accept or decline your invitation, you will need to login to your account.
If you have forgotten your password
You can create a new one and check to see if you have received an Invitation to Apply.
If you have forgotten your username
You must follow these steps:
- Create a new GCKey.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on “Link application to this account” under the heading “What would you like to do today?”
- Select “Temporary residence” as the category.
- Select “International Experience Canada” as the sub-category.
- Answer the questions.
- Click “Search for my application”.
- Go back to the main page in your account and scroll down to the table under the heading “View my submitted applications or profiles”.
- Check the “Details” column for the row that shows your International Experience Canada profile. If you have received an Invitation to Apply, this column will say “Invitation received”.
If you have received an invitation and do not see a work permit application under the heading “Continue my profile / application, not yet submitted”, contact us right away by filling out the web form and following these steps:
- Select “International Experience Canada” as the type of application, and
- Provide the following details in the message box:
- a brief description of the problem,
- your passport number, and
- your email address.
Note: You can find the IEC profile number at the end of the subject line of the email we send you (example: W300027607). You may need this number when you link your profile or work permit to your new account.
Answers others found useful
- I have a work permit under the International Co-op (Internship) or Young Professionals categories. How can I change my employer?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- How do I sign my online visa or permit application?
- I have a question about a document I am asked to submit in my MyCIC. Who can I ask?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under IEC to come with me?
- Can I get a refund if I cancel my International Experience Canada work permit application?
- What is a POE Letter?
- How long will I be in an International Experience Canada pool before receiving an Invitation to Apply?
- Candidates in the Working Holiday pool will be randomly selected to apply for a work permit. What does that mean?
How to videos
- Date Modified: