I can log into my account in the Employer Portal, but I can't submit an offer of employment. What is the problem?
It could be one of several issues.
You didn’t enrol in the Employer Portal.
Make sure you enrolled in the Employer Portal and not in one of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s other portals. If your enrolment request lists “Designated Learning institution”, “Authorized Paid Representative” or anything other than “Employer Portal”, you did not choose the right portal.
When you enrol, make sure you only click Yes when you are asked about enrolling in the Employer Portal.
An error happened when you enrolled.
If you received an email that says your account is active, but your enrolment status is still “in progress”, you need to email the Employer Portal. Write “PIN reset” in the subject line and include your first and last name in the body of the email.
Another user has started the first offer of employment.
If there are multiple people using your organization’s Employer Portal account, only one of you will be able to submit the account’s first offer of employment. Once the “Submit an offer of employment” button is selected for the first time under the account, it will no longer be available to anyone else.
If another user has started the first offer, they must complete and submit it or delete it. Once they submit or delete the offer, everyone else will be able to select the “Submit an offer of employment” button.
The account you are logging into is not active.
If you tried to enrol in the portal and were refused, or you tried to revoke your GCKey, you won’t be able to select the “Submit an offer of employment” button. Follow the steps to make your account active:
- Email the Employer Portal to receive a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- Write “PIN Reset” in the subject line and include your first and last name. You will receive a PIN and instructions to create a new GCKey.
- Enrol in the Employer Portal again, using your new GCKey and PIN.
- Select Yes when you are asked if you received a PIN. This will be the first question.
- Enter your information and create your new security questions.
You should now be able to submit an offer of employment. The PIN you received will link your new GCKey to your active account.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date Modified: