Help Centre what do you need help with?

What document proves that I am eligible for health-care coverage under the Interim Federal Health Program?

Depending on your case, you will get either:

You will receive your IFHP eligibility document when you arrive in Canada. Either a border services officer will give you one, or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will mail it to you.

Show this document to your health-care providers (doctors, dentists, hospitals, pharmacies) each time you visit them. The health-care providers will confirm your coverage each time you visit, before they give you the service or product.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: