I am from a visa-exempt country and want to study in Canada for less than six months. Do I need an eTA?
You need to apply for an eTA if you are from a visa-exempt country and plan to travel to Canada by air.
You don’t need an eTA if you plan to travel by car, bus, train or boat (including cruise ships).
Note: you don’t need a study permit to study in Canada for less than 6 months.
Find out about study permit requirements.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- Which visa applications are currently available online?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online visa application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
How to videos
- Date Modified: