Do I need a job offer to get into the Express Entry pool?
No, in most cases you don’t need a job offer.
But, you will need one if you:
- are eligible for either the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program, and
- do not have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada.
Even if you don’t need one, you may want to try and find a valid job offer. It will give you a much higher point score, and so a better chance of being invited to apply.
Answers others found useful
- What do you mean by Primary Occupation?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- I have a job offer but the system says I need to register in Job Bank. Why?
- I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?
- I am working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit. Do I need a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?
How to videos
- Date Modified: