Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I need a permanent job offer for Express Entry?

No. As of November 19, 2016, a valid job offer for Express Entry only needs to be for one year or more.

Job offers must still be:

Why we changed it

There are many types of skilled jobs where long-term contracts are typical, such as research chairs, IT workers, CEOs, etc.

This change will make it easier for businesses to use Express Entry, and for skilled workers to secure a job offer.

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date Modified: