Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
If you applied before December 15, 2016
You are not affected by the new change and you do not have to reapply.
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve received as of December 15, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.
You do not need to contact us. To help us process your file faster,
- make sure your file is up to date;
- link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us through your account.
If you apply between December 15, 2016, and January 31, 2017
You can apply using either the new application package or the old application package.
We aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 15, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.
If you apply with the old application package, follow these instructions for your medical exam.
If you apply after January 31, 2017
You need to use the new application package.
After January 31, 2017, applications using the old package will not be accepted.
Learn more about the changes to the spousal sponsorship program.
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: