Help Centre what do you need help with?

I don’t have a Canada Revenue Agency number. How do I submit an offer of employment?

All Canadian organizations with employees must have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number. If you want to hire temporary workers, you will need to get a CRA number.

There is an exception if the foreign worker is both the employer and the temporary worker. This applies if you are a foreign worker who is:

In this case, you must email us with the following information:

We will use this information to link your offer of employment (as the employer) to your work permit application (as the temporary worker).

Answers others found useful

Help tool


Glossary term

Date Modified: