I am confused about the email(s) I received about my interest to sponsor my parent or grandparent. Am I selected to apply or not?
If you completed an Interest to Sponsor online form and are not sure about your invitation status, there are two ways to help you find if you were selected to apply.
- Check your status using your unique confirmation number
- After you submitted your interest to sponsor form, you saw a screen that confirmed your submission was successful.
- Your confirmation number was on that page. The confirmation number has seven characters and includes numbers and letters in this order:
- begins with two numbers
- followed by two letters
- ends in three numbers
- The confirmation numbers that were selected to apply during the second round of invitations are listed on our web site. You can search the list of numbers that were randomly selected.
- Complete the Check Your Invitation Status form
- If you don’t know your confirmation number or aren’t sure about your invitation status, complete this web form and we’ll let you know (within 10 business days) if you were selected.
Answers others found useful
- Can I use a courier service can I use to submit my application to sponsor a parent or grand parent?
- When will the Parent and Grandparent Program re-open to new applications?
- How will I know if I was selected to apply to sponsor my parent or grandparent?
- How many applications to sponsor a parent or grandparent will you accept this year?
- I was invited to apply to sponsor my parent or grandparent. What do I do next?
- How can I show proof of income to sponsor a parent or grandparent?
- Date Modified: