I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
No. You can’t add a dependent child to your application.
However, you may sponsor your child if:
- you meet the sponsorship eligibility requirements, and
- your child qualifies as a dependant (meets the age limit and requirements for dependentchildren)
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: