Will it delay my application if I add a dependent child to my application?
Yes. Processing time for your application will take longer because we need to process your request to add your dependant and check if your child is eligible to come to Canada with you.
To reduce delays, send us the information we need to process your dependent child as soon as possible.
If you don’t want a processing delay for your application, there are other ways your dependant could come to Canada:
- your child can apply for permanent residence on their own
- your child can visit you in Canada
- you can sponsor your child once you become a permanent resident of Canada if:
Answers others found useful
- What is a complex family sponsorship application?
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
- My courier did not deliver my PGP application to your PO Box. What should I do?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: