If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
Yes, you must always submit one of the following physical presence calculators with adult, and some minor, citizenship applications:
- a printed copy of the online physical presence calculator
- the paper physical presence form (PDF, 2.23 MB) filled out by hand
An application without the physical presence calculator is incomplete, and we’ll return it to you.
You don’t need to submit the travel journal with your application. It’s for your personal use only, to help you complete the physical presence calculator.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
Form and guide
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adult
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying with parent or guardian
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying alone
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adopted person
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Stateless person born to a Canadian parent
- Application for Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces
- Date modified: