Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I enter Canada if I am criminally inadmissible?

Normally you cannot enter or stay in Canada if you are inadmissible. However, there are ways of overcoming your criminal inadmissibility.

If you are inadmissible, you may become admissible again if you:

You may also be offered a temporary resident permit if:

Visits considered justified could include family emergencies or business conferences. Pleasure trips are normally not considered justified in the circumstances.

For exceptions, see What is the new policy on criminal inadmissibility?

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: