Why is CIC waiving the processing fees under the new criminal inadmissibility policy?
A one-time fee waiver will allow you to continue your trip without paying the C$200 fee.
We want to help make you aware of Canada's admissibility rules, while making your travel easier.
If you are inadmissible, you may become admissible again if you:
- satisfy an immigration or border services officer that you meet the legal requirements to be deemed rehabilitated;
- apply for individual rehabilitation and get approved; or
- receive a pardon or record suspension.
Answers others found useful
- Can I enter Canada if I am criminally inadmissible?
- What types of convictions are eligible for the fee waiver under the new policy?
- I was only convicted of a misdemeanour. Why can’t I enter Canada?
- I received a pardon for my crime. Can I enter Canada?
- What can I do if I want to come to Canada but do not qualify for rehabilitation?
- Date Modified: