Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I apply for a work permit?

Generally speaking, you must apply for a work permit before you enter the country. In some cases, foreign nationals can apply at the border.

If you applied for a work permit before you entered Canada, the visa office may have sent you a Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction that states your application was approved. If so, you must present it when you enter Canada so that your permit can be printed and issued.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: