I want to apply for a work permit by mail. How can I avoid my application being delayed or refused?
You can help avoid delays or a refusal if you:
- properly fill out and sign the application form(s),
- include all the documents listed in the Document Checklist (IMM 5556),
- pay the processing fee online with a credit card,
- pay for each service, if you apply for more than one on a single application, and
- include proof of payment.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: