Who can apply for an open work permit?
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:
- are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
- are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
- applied for permanent residence in Canada
- are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
- are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
- are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
- are under an unenforceable removal order
- are a temporary resident permit holder, or
- are a young worker participating in special programs
In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.Answer a few questions to find out if you’re eligible for an open work permit.
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: