Who can apply for an open work permit?
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations:
- Permanent residence applicants who have applied to an office in Canada,
- Dependent family members of some permanent residence applicants,
- Spouses and common-law partners of some workers and international students,
- Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons and their family members,
- Some temporary resident permit holders, or
- Some young workers participating in special programs.
In each of these situations, you must meet additional criteria to be eligible.
Answer a few questions to find out if you are eligible for an open work permit.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: