I got a new passport after coming to Canada. Will that affect my application for a work permit?
No. However, your work permit cannot be valid for longer than your current passport’s validity. If you renewed your passport after coming to Canada, when you apply for a renewal of your work permit, you must include a photocopy of the new passport.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: