Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?
You can only extend your work permit in very specific situations. Find out if you can extend your work permit.
For all work permit holders from visa-exempt countries:
A work permit is not a visa. It does not give you the right to board your flight to Canada. Along with your permit, you will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada.
If you received your initial permit on or after August 1, 2015, you were automatically issued an eTA along with your permit.
If you renew a work permit, an eTA is not automatically renewed or issued to you. You need to apply for one separately. See Extend your work permit.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date Modified: