Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?

No. However, each country has a unique agreement with Canada. Some countries allow participation in the program more than once. If your country's agreement allows participation more than once, you would have to reapply outside of Canada.

New entry requirement now in effect

Study and work permit holders from visa-exempt countries who received their permit on or before July 31, 2015 need an eTA to fly or transit to Canada.

Applicants who are issued an initial study or work permit on or after August 1, 2015 will automatically be issued an eTA along with their permit. For work permit or study permit renewal applications, the eTA will not be automatically renewed. If you wish to exit and re-enter Canada by air, you will need to ensure that your eTA is still valid by consulting the Check Status Tool. If your eTA has expired, you will need to apply for a new one as soon as you can.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: