Help Centre what do you need help with?

My work permit has expired. Can I apply for another one?

Yes, you can apply to restore your temporary resident status and extend your work permit. You can only do this if your permit expired fewer than 90 days ago. Because you are applying to restore your status after it has expired, you cannot work while this application is in progress.

When you apply, you must

You can apply from within Canada.

International Experience Canada participants: To restore your status, you must be eligible to extend your work permit. See Extend or change your work permit - International Experience Canada.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Help tool

  • Come to Canada

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: