Help Centre what do you need help with?

I work in Quebec. How can I extend my work permit?

If you’re an International Experience Canada participant, see Extend or change your work permit - International Experience Canada.

Step 1: Find out if you need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)

If you need an LMIA, your employer must follow these steps:

For more information, see the page Immigrate and settle in Quebec – Temporary workers.

If you are exempt from the LMIA process, you are also exempt from getting a CAQ. Your employer will need to submit a new offer of employment through the Employer Portal.

Step 2: Apply to extend your work permit

Before your work permit expires, apply online or send your application to extend your work permit to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta.

Include copies of:

Information for your spouse or common-law partner

Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible to apply for an open work permit. Their work permit will have the same expiry date as your own.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: