I have implied status, and my health insurance card, driver’s licence and other government ID documents have expired. How can I renew my ID documents?
You should apply to renew your government ID before your status expires.
These services are provided by the province you live in. If your status has expired and you need to renew your government ID, you will have to apply to the government of the province or territory you live in. That government will decide how and when they renew the documents. For more information, contact the appropriate government department or agency in the province or territory where you live, such as those responsible for health or transportation.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date Modified: