Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can my spouse or common-law partner apply for a work permit from within Canada?

Yes. If they have not already applied overseas, spouses and common-law partners may apply for their work permit from within Canada. For more information, including definitions and requirements, see Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: