Can my spouse or common-law partner apply for a work permit from within Canada?
Yes. If they have not already applied overseas, spouses and common-law partners may apply for their work permit from within Canada. For more information, including definitions and requirements, see Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
Form and guide
- Date Modified: