I want to stay longer in Canada as a live-in caregiver. What documents do I need?
If you want to continue working for the same employer, you will need:
- a letter from your employer stating that you will keep working for him or her full time for an additional period;
- a copy of a new, or extended, signed employment contract; and
- if you work in the province of Quebec, a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion.
Once you have the necessary documents, you can apply to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, to extend your work permit.
Answers others found useful
- I am working as a live-in caregiver but would like to move into my own home. Can I?
- I am already working as a live-in caregiver. Will I be able to apply for permanent residence when I complete the work requirement?
- What are the improvements to the Caregiver Program?
- Date Modified: