Help Centre what do you need help with?

As a live-in caregiver, can I work in another country for my Canadian employer?

No. Your live-in caregiver work permit only authorizes you to work in the Canadian home of your employer or of the person you are caring for. You may be able to get permission from another country to work there. However, that work does not count toward your work requirement for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program.

If you work for your Canadian employer in another country, provincial or territorial labour and employment standards do not apply to you there.

Answers others found useful

Glossary term

Date Modified: