Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am ready to apply for permanent residence. Can I apply for an open work permit?

As a live-in caregiver, you can apply for an open work permit by completing an Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker. To apply for an open work permit, you must have:

An open work permit allows you to work for any employer for the length of time specified on the work permit.

Answers others found useful

Help tool

Create an account or sign in

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: