Who should I include on my permanent residence application?
You must include all your family members even if they are not coming to Canada with you. This includes:
- spouse or partner
- dependent children
- dependent children of dependent children (grandchildren)
Also, for you to become a permanent resident, all your family members must pass a medical exam and background checks even if they are not coming to Canada with you.
If you don’t include all of them:
- you could be refused entry into Canada, and
- you may not be able to sponsor the family members you didn’t include in your application to come to Canada at a later date.
Answers others found useful
- I am working as a live-in caregiver but would like to move into my own home. Can I?
- I am already working as a live-in caregiver. Will I be able to apply for permanent residence when I complete the work requirement?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: