What do I enter in CAS if I have more than one surname or family name?
You should enter your surname or family name exactly as it appears on:
- your immigration document or
- any letters you got from the visa office or case processing centre where you sent your application.
If you do not have an immigration document or you have never received any letters, you should enter your surname or family name exactly as it appears on your application.
Here is an example
- Your full name is Jose Pedro Sanchez Ruiz.
- Your immigration document, letter or application says your surname or family name is â€œSanchez Ruiz.â€
- You must enter the surname or family name â€œSanchez Ruiz.â€
If you enter only one surname or family name, either â€œSanchezâ€ or â€œRuiz,â€ Client Application Status (CAS) will not allow you to see your information.
Answers others found useful
- Why did processing times information change?
- How long will it take to process my application?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application in the CAS system. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- If I apply today, do the processing times show how long it will take to process my application?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date Modified: