Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
These family members can come with you:
- your spouse or common-law partner,
- your dependent child,
- your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent child, and
- a dependent child of a dependent child.
These family members can’t come with you:
- your parents,
- brother or sister,
- uncle or aunt,
- nephew or niece, or
- other relatives.
You may be able to sponsor them after you immigrate to Canada.
Find out more about how to sponsor your family.
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date Modified: