Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I sponsor my spouse, partner or dependent child to become a permanent resident of Canada?

Effective August 1, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has changed its definition of a dependent child for its immigration programs. A dependent child must be under 19 years of age, instead of the previous limit of under 22 years of age. Find out more about the change in the definition of a dependent child. New application kits, forms and fee information are now available. These new forms must be used starting August 1, 2014. Use this web tool to determine how your application may be affected.

To sponsor a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child, you must send the required forms to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. To sponsor more than one dependent child, you must use a separate application form for each child and send all the applications in the same envelope.

Answers others found useful

How to video

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date Modified: