How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
If you applied before December 7, 2016
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve already received as of December 7, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.
If you haven’t applied yet or applied after December 7, 2016
We will aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.
To help us process your application as quickly as possible,
- make sure your file is up to date;
- link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us.
See What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
Spousal sponsorship program update: Faster processing begins. New application package to come on December 15, 2016, at noon EST.
Find out about important changes we’re making to process your spousal sponsorship application within 12 months.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- Date Modified: