How long will it take to process my spousal sponsorship application?
If you applied before December 7, 2016
We’ve committed to processing most (80 percent) of the applications we’ve already received as of December 7, 2016, by the end of December 2017. We process applications in the order we get them.
If you haven’t applied yet or applied after December 7, 2016
We will aim to process most (80 percent) of the new applications submitted on or after December 7, 2016, within 12 months of the date of receipt.
To help us process your application as quickly as possible,
- make sure your file is up to date;
- link your application to your online account to receive messages and requests from us.
See What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
Spousal sponsorship program changes: Faster processing and the new application package are available now.
Find out about important changes we’ve made to process your spousal sponsorship application within 12 months.
Answers others found useful
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- Date Modified: