How long will it take to process my application to sponsor someone to live in Canada?
See the processing times to find out how long it will take to process your application.
See also Checking Processing Times questions
Our goal is to reduce wait times for spouses and partners. To do this, we are working to process the applications in the spousal sponsorship backlog.
Waiting for your application to be processed? Avoid further delays by
- making sure your application is up to date;
- answering quickly if we ask you to give us more information; and
- following the instructions in our requests.
If you fail to respond, your application could be refused.
Thank you for your feedback.
Contact us about your application
Please use Web form only if:
- the normal processing time for your application has passed and
- you cannot check your application status online or
- you wish to report important changes about your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in job status or
- you need urgent processing or
- you would like to make a refugee claim
Answers others found useful
- How will I know whether my parents and grandparents (PGP) application was accepted and placed in the inventory?
- Which family members may come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How do I sponsor my spouse, partner or dependent child to become a permanent resident of Canada?
- How old must my spouse or common-law partner be for me to sponsor them to immigrate to Canada?
- Does CIC recognize marriages conducted by proxy, telephone, internet and fax?
- How long will it take to process my application to sponsor someone to live in Canada?
- Date Modified: